Between 1927 and 1935, New Mexico immigrants John and Inez Rivera Romero built a four-room adobe house in Fort Collins’ Andersonville district. Romero family members continuously occupied the home until the Poudre Landmarks Foundation purchased it in 2001. Hispanic Adobe structures are rarely found as far north as Fort Collins. The Romero House signifies the necessity of combining skill, adaptability and expediency in constructing an inexpensive, yet sound, structure in a short period of time. Adobe bricks, made of sand and clay mixed with water and straw, were easily made and dried in the open air. Designated as a Fort Collins local historic landmark, the Romero House will be renovated into the Museo de las Tres Colonias and serve as an interpretative center for the contributions of the Hispanic community to northern Colorado.